Friday, January 15, 2010

The Best Liew Lian in Singapore

Hi, my name is Robin nana Lim. I always believe that we should share good things with people we love, especially those wonderfully good looking rowers in Sunday Dragons. So here I am with my first sharing. =)

Singaporeans who are durian lovers are a privileged lot cos this supposedly seasonal fruit can be seen all over Singapore almost whole year round. However, there are 2 factors to enjoy a good durian - good harvest and honest durian sellers. Like most typical Singaporean, I am always scouring for honest durian sellers who can satisfy my insatiable craving for bitter durians.

One day while eating durians with some friends, they commented that a durian stall at Tg Katong is worth the money spent for the top-quality durians. So I followed them to the stall at Tanjong Katong one evening.

On my first bite of that legendary Mao Shan Wang Durian, tears welled up in my eyes and I was lost for words to express my ecstasy. Since then, I always have to fight back my tears everytime I have Maoshanwang.

That place I am talking about:
264 Tanjong Katong Rd
Secret Password to good Durians : "Pauline"



It's true!!


Me and my BFF (Pauline) who introduced me to this little piece on heaven on earth!


I may look like I'm smiling, but at the same time, I'm fighting back my tears, same for the guy behind me.


This picture speaks for itself. =) *wiping away my tears*

2 comments:

  1. Hey I am not supposed to contribute that!!! That was a draft for Cynthia but was posted verbatim and this Blogger even added the first paragraph as mine...@#$%^&*...
    Anyway just to share a bit more should you be going there. Call Ah Hoe or Leong Tee (they are brothers) at 6346-6683 to check for availabilty. Prices fluctuate but the cheapest was $12 per kg for Maoshanwang. Most importantly, always tell them that you are Pauline's friend to get the best deal. Hope you enjoy as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so robin, how often do you go there?

    ReplyDelete